Skip to main content

Suspected cultist (Kunle Poly) who allegedly turned human beings to goats lynched

One Kunle Poly who was reportedly accused of kidnapping eight people and turning them to goats in Ilorin, Kwara state, has been confirmed dead after he was tortured by a mob, the Punch reports.

According to an eyewitness who identified himself only as Tunde, the deceased and two of his fleeing accomplices had gone to Abayawo-Oko, a village in the outskirt of Ilorin and allegedly kidnapped eight people.

Tunde said, “Villagers who saw the suspects while abducting their victims, chased them with motorcycles, but luck ran out on the suspects when two of their car tyres burst on Temidire Street.

“While Poly’s accomplices escaped, he was apprehended by the mob who beat him to a pulp.”

The mob, the reports claims attempted to set fire on him but he was rescued from being lynched by policemen from Surulere Police Station and another team from the Special Anti-Robbery Squad, SARS.

Confirming the incident, the state Commissioner of Police, CP, Mr. Samuel Okaula, who spoke through the command’s Public Relations Officer, PRO, Mr. Ajayi Okasanmi, said, “An alleged notorious criminal was caught by members of the public.

“He is called Kunle Poly, nobody knows his real name.

“By the time the people were trying to mete out jungle justice on him, policemen were invited and they rescued him.”

On the issue of Poly turning human beings to goats,” the CP said, “As far as I am concerned, it is not practically possible for human beings to turn to goats.

“The allegation was that he stole those goats. As a common criminal, somebody who is known for crime, the anger of the people overtook them and they started to deal with him.”

“Eight goats (supposed humans), were found in his car. We have information that the suspect had been a notorious criminal. The vehicle and the goats in it have been taken to the police station while the suspect was rushed to the Civil Service Clinic because he sustained injuries.

“He was rejected at the hospital, but was later taken to the University of Ilorin Teaching Hospital, UITH, where he was confirmed dead. His body was deposited at the hospital’s morgue.

“Investigations are ongoing to nab the fleeing members,” he noted.