Skip to main content

A female UNILAG student electrocuted to death

Oluchi Anekwe, a student of the University of Lagos, was on Tuesday night electrocuted to death in her hostel when a high tension wire fell, according to eyewitness reports.

According to, the 300-level student of Accounting, who hails from Aku in Enugu State, was on her way to her room in Sodeinde Residence, New Hall, when she was electrocuted.

She was immediately rushed to the Lagos University Teaching Hospital, LUTH, but was pronounced dead on arrival.

According to eyewitnesses, the pole had been given off sparks recently around the school, while the school failed to make any tangible efforts to fix the anomaly.